Daniel Brunner - Interceptor MK2

Daniel Brunner - Mk2 Interceptor
RajM
JOC Regalia Secretary

Daniel Brunner - Interceptor MK2

Post by RajM »

Daniel Brunner Mk2 Interceptor is a pure joy to behold, his works has resulted in an amazing car. I think you will agree from reading his article. Please take a look at the two links provided by Daniel for more photos. Thank for sharing Daniel!

Jensen Interceptor MK2 chassis #123/4125

My father purchased the car in May 2009 when purchased the car was originally white with black leather interior, while the original black leather interior has been retained the car was resprayed sometime before we purchased it in a BMW colour called Bronzit Beige. The 383 engine had been replaced with a 440ci and six pack setup. My father drove it in this configuration until approx 5 years ago when I started driving it as he was not using it.

I drove the car around for approx 3 years doing minor modifications, first I fitted a quad weber setup to the existing engine and then made and fitted a twin turbo setup to the existed engine and then decided it was time to do a full driveline restoration / modification

ENGINE
Engine is a std 440 cast iron block then has been sonic tested, fitted with billet main caps and a full steel main girdle. The crankshaft was replaced with a Eagle 4340 steel unit increasing the stroke to 4.150 which increased the displacement to 500ci. Eagle H beam rods were fitted with forged pistons. Main and head studs fitted for strength. Top end comprises of a double row timing chain, custom grind solid roller camshaft, solid roller lifters, custom push rods, alloy cylinder heads, Hartland Sharp roller rockers, external pickup oil pan and pump setup. Topped off with a custom machined Edelbrock manifold with a 2000cfm throttle body, 1000cc injectors and direct port nitrous system

COOLING SYSTEM
Mopar alloy water pump housing and pump, high flow thermostat, custom large alloy radiator, twin spal electric fans controlled by the engine computer

TRANSMISSION
Transmission is a GM 4L65 4spd overdrive unit with a lockup converter, the transmission has been extensively modified to handle the power of the engine and a 3500rpm stall converter with lockup fitted as to keep the car driveable at highway speeds. A custom chrome moly tailshaft was manufactured to suit

EFI SYSTEM
The engine has been converted to electronic fuel injection with individual coils. The system is run by a Delphi computer originally fitted to GM LS1 engines so as well as being able to control the engine it is able to control the transmission as well. A full custom wiring loom was mad and all the original GM sensors were adapted to work on the big block Chrysler engine.

FUEL SYSTEM
Std fuel tank modified for 5/8 fuel supply and return hoses, holley dominator twin efi fuel pump, 5/8 supply and return lines, high flow pressure regulator, all lines are Teflon braided to allow the car to run on E85 race fuel

REAR END
The original 4HA Salisbury has been replaced with a Ford nine inch diff, custom heavy duty housing 1 inch narrower each side retaining all the original mounting points for the leaf springs and panhard rod. The diff is fitted with 35 spline axles, Strange heavy duty carrier, Billet yoke, Detroit locker center, 3.7 gears

STEERING/SUSPENSTION
FRONT: Custom coil springs, heavy duty big bore shock absorbers, all new bushs, ball joints, rebuilt steering rack, new tie rod ends. While the original hydraulic power steering rack has been retained the pump has been replaced with an electric hydraulic pump out of a Toyota MR2
REAR: All new bushs, rear leaf spring packs have been rebuilt, Heavy duty big bore shocks fitted , Tru-Trac traction rods have been fitted to maintain pinion angle and to stop spring tramp

BRAKES
Master cylinder has been replaced with a Wilwood 1 inch master cylinder with remote reservoirs
FRONT: Front callipers have been replaced with series 3 4 piston callipers fitted to larger thicker vented disc rotors off a Lexus LS400, custom braided brake hosed
REAR: Rear callipers have been replaced with wildwood units with larger vented disc rotors, internal hand brake shoes and custom braided brake hoses

WHEELS / TYRES
FRONT: 18x7 with a 4 inch backspace fitted with 225/45R18 tyres
REAR: 18X8 with a 4 inch backspace fitted with 245/45R18 tyres

A/C SYSTEM
Evaporator core modified and expansion valve relocated to within the housing, relocate a/c hoses all replaced with braided. Custom a/c compressor and brackets

Car has been completely rewired, all the original gauges have been adapted to work with the efi setup.

Full body

Side view

Engine bay

Dash

Under body

Wheel

Exhaust

Under 1

Under 2

More photo
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
1996 BMW 840Ci
1986 BMW 325i Convertible
Slave to my passion and Wife to the JOC Chairman :wink: :wink:
kenny38

Re: Daniel Brunner - Interceptor MK2

Post by kenny38 »

WOW!! but is this still a Jensen or a tribute car? kenny38
hemi

Post by hemi »

Inspiration from the famous mid-north coast SP...

Great car Daniel, will done!

Matt
Interceptor II, 123/3936
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

Beautiful car! Personally I like the multi spoke wheels better! :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
Grant

Post by Grant »

Wicked upgrades Daniel, you have put so much thought and time onto this..Well done, modifications take so much more thought and time than you would ever imagine don't they..I tip my hat to you Mr Man, Well done, Wicked :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
bkbridges

Post by bkbridges »

Very nice build! The wheels really seem right. Congratulations!
Bruce
Bruce K Bridges
2210/9272
125/5090
119/170
www.fbthrottlebodies.com
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Having seen it in the metal, I can confirm it really is as well executed as it looks in the photos!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “Early issue for Sept 2020”